Topic

MSR Lightning Ascent Snowshoe decking repair, suggestions needed.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MSR Lightning Ascent Snowshoe decking repair, suggestions needed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mario Caceres
    BPL Member

@mariocaceres

Locale: San Francisco

I own an old version of the MSR Lightning Ascent snowshoes.  The fabric on the decking below the one of the horizontal bars has abraded.   I have put this snowshoes thru extensive use over the last 6 years.   I believe MSR has fixed this problem in newer versions by reinforcing that area.    I was hoping to do the same myself since the 3 year warranty has long expired but was wondering if any of you folks have done the same and have some recommendations of what kind of fabric to use for reinforcement and what kind of adhesive to use.

Mario Caceres
    BPL Member

@mariocaceres

Locale: San Francisco

Update:

I called MSR to ask them about this issue and they will be sending me a small piece of the same fabric they use for their decking so I can reinforce that area.  This is great as I assume using fabric with same properties will provide a stronger bond.

I though I would post this update in case other folks find themselves on the same situation.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools