Topic

Mountain Fragments. (Remnants from recent overnights).

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Mountain Fragments. (Remnants from recent overnights).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

thank you

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Very Nice!

Turley
    BPL Member

@turley

Locale: So Cal

“24 hours, 2 packages of ramen, 1 bag of instant coffee. This shit doesn’t have to be complicated.”

So very true….but isn’t it funny how so many of us overthink a simple walk in the woods?

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

No doubt CG.

For all of the simplicity that backpacking supposedly offers, people can sure get bogged down in complexity, especially for short trips.

I’ve been doing an overnight nearly every week for….?  I don’t like unnecessary stress in my life; getting out a lot wouldn’t be possible if I didn’t make it easy on myself.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

You are a poet Craig. Really nice, as always.

+1 on not complicating things.

On Friday night after dinner Chris and I rode the bikes a few miles up the hill and down to an old grove with the  remnants of a cabin and spent the night nearby. Didn’t bring anything besides a dog, water, a couple of matts and quilts. Back down by 7 am and off to the flea market. Got a little dose of woods and quiet and solitude without much fuss.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Thank you Kat (and Greg and David).  I try…

That sounds like a perfect Friday Kat.  I’ve come to believe that the short, spontaneous trips like the one you just did might be the best.  Nothing at all against grand trips in remote country, but there’s something to be said for simplicity, the peace of staying close to home, and being back in time for that second cup of coffee.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools