Topic

Mount Assiniboine Backpacking (Marvel Pass Trail): Part I

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Mount Assiniboine Backpacking (Marvel Pass Trail): Part I

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Emylene VanderVelden
    BPL Member

@emylene-vandervelden

Companion forum thread to: Mount Assiniboine Backpacking (Marvel Pass Trail): Part I

The author tests out some lightweight gear on obscure Marvel Pass Trail en route to Canada’s iconic Mount Assiniboine.

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Keep on a’truckin’. Interesting read and Thanks!

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

Loved particularly your comment about your friend-  made me laugh! Looking forward to reading the next installments.

Alan Sherbrooke
    BPL Member

@alansherbrooke

Not that anyone should rely on my old guidebooks when they have your recent and wonderful report, but when I was looking at this trip many years ago I came across descriptions in Cameron, A and Gunn, M., Hikes around Invermere & the Columbia River Valley (1998) and in Copeland, K. and C., Gotta Hike BC (2001). I don’t know if either of these books is still in print or available, but if you’re looking for more adventure in more remote parts of the Canadian Rockies it might be worth trying to find these resources.

Best wishes
    A.P. Sherbrooke
    Seattle, WA

Emylene VanderVelden
    BPL Member

@emylene-vandervelden

Hi Alan,

Years late but I realized I followed only a couple of the companion threads. I have tried to get a couple of the older books, and take them with a grain of sand. I think the best way to get ahold of those is through Thriftbooks. I still haven’t managed to get my hands on either of those.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools