Topic

Montbell Mirage Parka Sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Montbell Mirage Parka Sizing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Patrick O’Neil
    Spectator

@human

Hello, question for Montbell Mirage owners. Any tall skinny guys have one? I’m 6’2″, 160 pounds33 inch waist and skinny chest 39″.

I think a medium would work but I want to be able to put a base layer underneath. Would a large be too big or just fine? I bought a large tachyon back in the day and the thing is like a parachute on me, good thing is I could finally have something to “fill” it if I got the mirage.

I’m looking for something real warm for camp this time of year by lakes in Algonquin. Really felt the cold this past weekend. Hoping it’s good to 20f; -5c around camp.

Any comments on sizing would be appreciated.

Rob P
    BPL Member

@rpjr

I have both a large Mirage and a large Permafrost, and the Mirage has a baggier fit around the torso.  I think the medium would work for you given your weight and waist size, but I’m not sure about arm length for you at 6′-2″.

I ordered both a large and a medium with the intention of sending back the one that didn’t fit so I sent back the medium.  I’m 6-0 190 and fluctuate between a 34 and 36 waist size.

IVO K
    BPL Member

@joylesshusband

Locale: PA lately

I have used the Mirage for 3 seasons, in Large.
    42.5″ chest here, 31″ waist.
    Fits very well over a 100/200-weight fleece on top of a baselayer.
    It is sufficient for in-camp @20°F.

The Large would be a poor fit on your body.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools