Topic

Montbell base layer

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Montbell base layer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mojo J
    BPL Member

@fanta-2

Hi, im looking for an lightweight Merino base layer and found montbells to be interesting. However I can’t find any reviews on their Merino base layer either than one thats almost 10 years old. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Steve H
    Spectator

@hop

Mojo J-  I have a MB long sleeve super merino wool light weight crew I like very much. Large is about 5.4 oz & extremely comfortable.  I will say, at least in white/cream color it is translucent – therefore my SO is not a fan ;).  My primary usage is dedicated sleep shirt (& backup base layer).  Very warm & breathes pretty well – but I haven’t tested that much as primarily a sleep shirt.  Happy with the value.  Steve

Mojo J
    BPL Member

@fanta-2

Hey Steve, thanks for your feedback. Would you say it’s a tight or loose fit. I am 6.2 and 165 lbs if that helps in any way.

Steve H
    Spectator

@hop

Tight.  But very comfortable & not restricting.  My large, at 5’10” 175 w 33 waist fits perfect for a next to skin layer. You may want a medium.

Mojo J
    BPL Member

@fanta-2

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it

Steve H
    Spectator

@hop

hope it helps.

Christopher S
    Spectator

@chrisisinclair

Check Montbell Japan – they have TONS more base layers (and all other products too) compared to the US site. Make sure to pay attention to the japanese sizing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools