Topic

Montane Minimus 777 Jacket Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Montane Minimus 777 Jacket Review

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I vote for Tenacious Tape. Only question is, on the inside or the outside?  Or both!!! :0

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Re: “… we have not compromised on the body length or the sleeve length of the Minimus 777. These measurements are specified the same as other waterproof trekking jackets in our range.”

Checked the Montane website and found no indication of the length.

In both BPL reviews and merchants’ websites, it would be great if there were some uniform measurement of length, as many of the ultralight jackets are too short. Don’t want or need a cagoule coming almost to the knees, but don’t want the crotch soaked either.

Knowing the size and the length from the top of the zipper to the bottom hem would tell me everything I need to know. This info would work for pull-overs also.
    Patagonia used to provide the length from the seam at the back of the neck to the bottom hem, but as they’ve shortened the raingear, they’ve conveniently left this out.

Bottom line, don’t see how anyone heading into rainy country would be well advised to order a jacket or pull-over without more info on length. And there is less and less to choose from in shops. Merchants who wish to sell on line could do better with info on length, and would sell more to boot.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Sam

I have yet to see much difference in sweating between the most expensive (GTX?) jackets and a Walmart special. Big difference in $$ though, and Walmart may be closer for trying on.

Cheers

James Graven
    Spectator

@jmsgraven

Hi Sam

See below table with the specified back lengths from the neck seam to finished hem down the CB line for all sizes of both the Minimus 777 Jacket and Minimus 777 Pull-On.

Please bear in mind that there is a 10mm +/- tolerance allowed within production for this measurement.
    SIZE – BACK LENGTH (cm) (neck seam to hem straight down CB)
    S – 70
    M – 72.5
    L – 75
    XL – 77.5
    XXL – 80

Hope this helps – please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

james

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools