Topic

Modified my old ULA Relay

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Modified my old ULA Relay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

I added stability poles to the sides. Or whatever you’d call the poles. I used some poles from a bed top mosquito net I had. Then I went for a walk in the rain to try out my myog poncho groundsheet (works great!) and found some broken tent poles someone had left out for free. So it has its own poles.

Poles on the sides

bottom of poles

I also made a detachable pocket for the back. It comes with a very shallow, almost useless pocket. The add on pocket is more useful.

pocket on the back

I also patched a few holes. This pack is 12 years old. It has been a lot of places. Now it has a bit of new life. I hope to try out the poles sometime soon to see if they help.

Michael B
    BPL Member

@mikebergy

What problem are the poles solving? That pack doesn’t seem to have a super comfy belt to load up, which thought might be why you added the poles, like an external frame of sorts. Maybe I misunderstood reason for the mod.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools