Topic

Missing person

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities Missing person

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

father of a friend of my daughter
    Stephen Carey
    5’10” 170lb
    59-60 years old
    last seen July 8 in Las Cruces, NM
    driving a white Subaru Legacy license 6MMR444
    MTN bike on bike racks on the car
    always wears the hat seen in the photo posted below

Unfortunately, the family does not have detailed info about his plans …possibly the Gila National Forest, Mohave Desert, Joshua Tree or the Sierra Nevada (I know,, not a lot of help).

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Folks with info can PM me or better yet contact the El Segundo Police Dept (possibly 310-524-2200 or 310-524-2760) where it seems a missing person report has been filed

Kevin Buggie
    BPL Member

@kbug

Locale: NW New Mexico

God speed to this man.  But July 8 was only 4 days ago.  Did you mean he was last seen June 8?  If not, hopefully he’s happily walking with a pack in the woods, unaware that he’s reported missing yet.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

The vehicle was found a couple days ago at Baylor Pass West trailhead near Las Cruces.  His bike was not there.

High temps in the area have been in the mid 90’s.  Seems likely that the R in SAR will be recovery, not rescue.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I am sorry to hear this; it’s painful to even think about what the family’s state of mind has been/is from the time they thought him missing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools