Topic

Miles for the year: 5000 and counting

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring Miles for the year: 5000 and counting

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

The cross roads in the valley are always quieter. This is Oakville
    I began this year with a  goal:  to ride my bicycle at least 5,000 miles over the course of the year.  This was quite a challenge, given the number of miles I traveled on airplanes (135,000+ through today) and the fact that I was not only running my own business, but also teaching two classes at the local college.

But success is mine!  This week I rode a number of days when the temps dropped down into the high 30’s and watched with glee/relief as the odometer on the bike rolled over 5,000 miles for the year…and it’s now over 62,000 miles since I bought my Bianchi Giro about thirteen years ago.

Now if the weather would just warm up, I’d love to get on the bike and go for a ride…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools