Topic

Micropuff or Nanopuff Hoody

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Micropuff or Nanopuff Hoody

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Hi folks,

It’s been a while. I’m currently in the market for a lightweight hoody. This will be used for the back country and around town/travel. I won’t hike in it probably, but will use it in camp, so she’ll durability is less of an issue, as is the breathability of the Nano.

I was pretty keen on the Micro, but I wonder if it’s significantly less warm than the Nano. That would probably be my only deal breaker.

I know there are other options out there, but I can get a great deal on either of these, and I’ve had really good experiences with every Patagonia piece I’ve purchased up to now, so it’s kind of a no brainer.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give  Rod

bradmacmt
    BPL Member

@bradmacmt

Locale: montana

I have both. The Micro Puff is absolutely warmer than the Nano Puff.

The Nano is more durable, albeit heavier.

The Micro is warmer and lighter, albeit less durable.

The Micro Puff is my backpacking choice. The Nano Puff is my around town choice where durability is of more concern.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools