Topic

Micro Spikes Needed

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Micro Spikes Needed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Companion forum thread to: Micro Spikes Needed

This doesn’t happen often. After this, it may not happen again for some time!  Getting the family together at once for a late winter day hike through the Catskill Mountains.  Not everyone was prepared for wbat was coming.  Immediately you can tell who had proper hiking shoes and who did not.  General sneakers would not cut it,  but being all they had we gave it a shot. My mistake was A BIG one though…

[sorry for the late post of this trip report dirtbag, we are having an issue with how Trip Reports get posted right now!]

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

Good Lord! Literally, from the first seconds of the video , I thought, yeah, microspikes. Of course things weren’t technical. Who cares? I want the grip. Later on, when family member fell onto icy rocks and everyone laughed…I’d rather not, as Bartleby says.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools