Topic

MEC T2 microgrid fleece sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals MEC T2 microgrid fleece sale

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Velimir Kemec
    BPL Member

@velimirkemec

Hi everyone,

just passing that MEC is having their T2 line on sale. The Hoodie was 38$ but now it went to 33$CAD plus tax.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5034-434/mec-t2-zip-hoodie-mens/

also their 3/4 (bootcut) T2 tights are 19$CAD plus tax.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5034-435/mec-t2-boot-cut-long-johns-mens/?q=T2

The fabric is amazingly breathable and very lightweight!

Not affiliated to MEC apart from being their member/customer.

Ross L
    BPL Member

@ross

Locale: Beautiful BC

Thanks Velimir. Been waiting for this sale.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

i picked one up

its basically a lighter cap4 … with a deep zip

realistically its probably more useful than a cap4 with the lighter fabric and better ventilation being useful even in a bit warmer temp

for those yanks that live close to the border … you basically get a “pro deal dollar” discount on top of the normal one

my yank friends all shop in canuckistan these days because of it

;)

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

I bought a t2. I like it better than my cap 4, which I use as a mid layer. No spandex so it should dry faster, the material is slicker and doesn’t tug my base layer when taking it on and off, I don’t get the bunching around the armpit that I do with the cap 4. The same weight but not as warm. I will probably miss the balaclava hood of my cap 4.

Nick D
    BPL Member

@stumpjumper

Locale: Santa Barbara, CA

Thanks for he update Justin. I’ve been eye-balling the T2 and T3 as an alternate to the capilenes. How much was shipping to California?

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

Shipping to California was $19. The entire order including shipping was $41. Plus $5 to sign up for a membership.

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

I have the MEC T2 L/S Zip Hoody and Cap 4 – I thought I might sell one or the other but find myself using both a lot. The T2 is a lighter piece, less warm with shorter raised ridges and air spaces on the interior of the fabric, but that means you can use it in warmer temperatures or as a thin baselayer under other layers. The Cap 4 is much warmer with taller ridges and deeper air spaces on the inside of the fabric and doubled-up fabric on the hood.

Also picked up a good lightweight rain glove called the Cloudraker (they probably renamed it by now – just look for their lighest-weight gaunlet waterproof glove). It was cut a full size oversize so had to order down a full size.

I paid the same for membership and delivery. Customer service was excellent – received a wrong-sized item and MEC told me not to bother going through the trouble of shipping it back and sent the correct size. Very impressed with them.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

a few years ago when the last gen T2 hoody was selling for 25 maple syrup dollahz an enterprising BPLer got a group buy together …

he got a whole bunch of T2s shipped to him then reshipped em out to other BPLers … it ended up being cheaper overall and he covered his shipping costs

or you could just buy more for yourself … the T1/2 merino is also on sale … as are T1 boxers/briefs

make sure you get one of these for 5 dollahz … 200 weight beanie

http://www.mec.ca/product/5034-390/mec-penitentes-toque-unisex/

if you dont mind pink you should pick up this made in canada buff for 3 dollahz ….

http://www.mec.ca/product/5034-388/mec-algidity-neck-gaitor-unisex/

help support our poor maple syrup economy !!!

;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why MEC, why…?  I was there at MEC over the summer in Victoria, and none of these were on sale. Summer of all times… “shakes fists at the heavens.”

Anyways, thanks for the heads up, nice sale.  I do use and like the hood a lot though on an older MEC version i bought used from a BPL member.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools