Topic

MBC White-Chinook Pass PCT Hike

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips MBC White-Chinook Pass PCT Hike

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Looks like we can still edit the first post today.  Yay.

Planning an early yet to be announced group camping trip in March or April and a late summer early fall group hike.

Here’s the hike:

Looking at a late September early October hike on the PCT from White to Chinook Pass.  I’ve hiked it in two and three days, but would prefer three to four as there are some lakes boiling with trout along the way along with many side trails and trips to explore.  We can split into smaller groups as needed and desired.  Trip is about 27 miles if memory serves with a large network of trails to add miles.

It’s in the wilderness so the trip would be limited to 12, I believe.

Looking at late September possibly early October with the hopes that any wildfires would have died out by then.  Looks like another dry summer heading our way so don’t plan on any campfires.

My calendar is flexible then so we can adjust.  Trail is appropriate for a wide range of hiking abilities and speeds, me being a slow hiker.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I’m in.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

great idea

I’ve gone a short ways north from White Pass, which was okay, but I’ve heard it gets much better if I had gone further

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

The first half or so going south to north is in the woods but there are beautiful lakes and meadows.   The second half allows for more views of Rainier and the Cascades.   We could incorporate a portion Naches Loop at the end.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Good deal Doug

David Cramton
    BPL Member

@dcramton

Locale: South Salish Sea

Hi guys, I realize this post is a little old, but I might be interested.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

David,

That’s great.   We’ve had to cancel before due to wildfires so we’re going to wait until summer before trying to nail down a date.   Subscribe to this thread and I’ll message you once we firm up the plans

George M
    BPL Member

@gmorrison

Definitely interested.  Will subscribe to this thread.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools