Topic

MattressInflation Bag as a stuff sack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear MattressInflation Bag as a stuff sack

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I bought an REI FLASH Insulated mattress and a Sea to Summit 20 L. inflator dry bag. Yeah, It’s large for 3 season camping but all my clothes go into it including my down sweater.

I just roll the top down until I’ve got everything inside compressed then buckle the dry bag off. In camp my clothes stay inside the tent when I use the bag for mattress inflation then the clothes go back into the bag.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Yes. That’s a winning use. I use my Schnozzel similarly.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Yep. You gotta have dual-use for everything :)

Yes. That’s a winning use. I use my Schnozzel similarly.

Love the Schnozzel.  I use mine as a pack liner…holds the quilt, puffy, clothes and anything else I want to guarantee stays dry.  I also love and recommend the Sea to Summit Ultramesh stuff sacks.  Great for clothes or anything where you want to see what’s in the bag. Super durable so far (3 years).

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

I did that with a pocket shower. It was a pocket shower when I needed one, otherwise I put my sleeping bag and clothes in it.

Hugh Maclaren
    BPL Member

@hugh

Locale: Melbourne

I have a lightweight 18 litre silnylon sea to summit day pack with a roll top which I store clothes etc in during the day. I fitted a nozzle in the bottom to inflate my neoair and if needed, I also use it as a day pack.  Slightly heavier than a straight stuff sack, but I think a good multiuse.

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

I also do the same thing with my pump sack. Works great.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools