Topic

Made my own “Jerry Screen”

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Made my own “Jerry Screen”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chris R
    BPL Member

@bothwell-voyageur

Made a copy of Jerry Adam’s canister stove screen for a recent Banff backpacking trip.  Very pleased with how it worked. We used about 5g of gas per pint boiled. Instead of the solid wire I used braided stainless leader and a snap link.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Nice!

I put the wire closer to the top.

Chris R
    BPL Member

@bothwell-voyageur

I just went with middle-ish. I was getting a little stressed before the trip, wanting to sort something that nested inside the pot and then remembered your idea. I do have to remove the screen to fit the pot inside the cozy but it’s not too big a hassle. I just a spoon to leaver it off.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Jerry, did you write an article on making this?  The only one I see of yours is flat, holes punched, no wire.  :-(

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I don’t know if he ever did a post about making this, he’ll chime in. But he has posted about it in at least one other thread here. Mainly just a pic, but it easily gives an idea of what it is.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

yeah, page 3 on that thread

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/107187/page/3/#comments

Middle should work as long as it doesn’t fall off

Maybe it’ll stay on better if you put the wire towards the top

Chris R
    BPL Member

@bothwell-voyageur

I think if I put the wire at the top it will be harder to take off to put the pot into the cozy. I’d have to slide the screen down further to allow the pot to come free. At the moment the wire is at just the right location that when I push the pot down into the screen it locks on to the pot at just the right position. Purely by luck of course!

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

that makes sense

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools