Topic

Lundhags Guide BC, a leather NNN-BC/75mm ski boot with removable liner

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lundhags Guide BC, a leather NNN-BC/75mm ski boot with removable liner

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Edward Barton
    BPL Member

@porosantihodos

Locale: Boston

I got this boot for low angle winter ski touring. It’s the only NNN-BC boot I know of with a removable liner, besides heavier models by Alfa designed for polar travel. I’ve found it great for multi-day, backpacking-style ski trips over relatively low-angle terrain.

Pluses:

• Taking the liners into your bag at night works well to ensure dry feet during tours, avoid frozen boots in the morning, etc.
    • Liners can be worn inside down booties for increased warmth around camp.
    • Liners are wool and resist stink well.
    • Boots are excellent at keeping water out, as tested in shallow river crossings
    • Quite comfortable, softer than double leather telemark boots. For size reference, I got the 47 and normally wear a 11.5 US, with a fairly wide foot. I find them perfect width-wise, a bit roomy length-wise, worn with a bulky ski sock and thin liner sock, but very comfortable. I’m able to tighten them down effectively when needed.
    • They appear well-constructed, with no noticeable wear over about 20 days or touring, apart from some on the laces.

Minuses:

• not stiff enough for serious downhill use, though I’ve been able to go over several passes in them.
    • heavier than some touring boots, but lighter than AT gear. My size 47 weigh 66oz for the pair, with liners.
    • only available through some European sites. I got mine through Alewalds in Stockholm. With the good exchange rate and no VAT tax, they were $260 plus shipping.

Overall I’m really loving them.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

If I toured I would buy them!

I have several Lundhags pants, a jacket, a couple of rain pants and I really like them all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools