Topic

Lost Creek Wilderness – Lost Park Rd 56 status

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Lost Creek Wilderness – Lost Park Rd 56 status

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Allen Butts
    BPL Member

@butts0989

Locale: Northern Rockies

Hi! I’m thinking of doing a loop out in Lost Creek Wilderness, CO soon and was wondering what the road status on Lost Park Rd. 56 was right now? Anyone tried to drive up there recently? A friend of ours was thinking of meeting us at the campground half way through our loop, just trying to figure out if it’s drivable with a modest 4WD vehicle right now.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I loved the loops in Lost Creek, good place.

If I recall the FS kept the road gated until it wasn’t to muddy.  I’d suggest a phone call to them.  I remember it being a pretty nice gravel road.  A regular car could do it.

Russ Bogardus
    BPL Member

@bogardus

Locale: Colorado Springs

Hi Allen,

As Luke suggests I would call the US Forest Service. My guess is it is not open but definitely worth a call. I live in Colorado Springs and tried to go fishing at Tomahawk State Wilderness Area on Rt 9 just north of intersection with Rt 24. The road in is a dirt road that had never been plowed all winter long. It normally is a smooth all vehicle dirt road but a week ago and had 2 feet of snow.

Regards,
    Russ

Russ Bogardus
    BPL Member

@bogardus

Locale: Colorado Springs

Allen,

Quick update. CO 77 is paved and in fine shape . Twin Owls, Spruce Grove and Happy Meadows camp ground are accessible

Russ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools