Topic

Looking for New England backpacking partners – new to the area

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Looking for New England backpacking partners – new to the area

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kodiak Firesmith
    Spectator

@kodiak

Hi Folks,

I moved to Eastern MA right at the beginning of COVID and have worked remote since then, which has limited my chances at finding backpacking partners through work, so I figured I’d post here.

I’m turning 40 this year and decided my midlife crisis would be to summit the NH48 while I’m living in this part of the country – my wife is more into fair weather day hikes that don’t involve anything too vigorous, so I need to find other folks to pair up with for my outings, if for no other reason than to provide some safety reassurance to her.

I’m a novice backpacker, and am in the conditioning phase coming back from some major leg surgery, so I won’t be making a lot of miles, but for me it’s never really been about the miles – I’ve always been a bit poky doing 5-8 miles in a day in rolling hilly conditions back where I’m from.

I can be a outgoing full hiking buddy, or I can simply be a reserved car pool and safety partner only – I’m good with either vibe.

I’ve got a Subaru Outback with good snow/mud tires and am happy to do the driving, on anything short of high-clearance 4×4 trails.  Also happy to meet at the trailhead or set up 2-car shuttles for any non-loops.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools