Topic

Looking for down mini-quilt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Looking for down mini-quilt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lisa r
    BPL Member

@lisina10

Locale: Western OR

I’m wondering if such a thing exists…I’d like a small down quilt that I could use for extra insulation inside my quilt and as a throw blanket for around camp, maybe as a poncho. I usually carry a pretty robust down jacket as my extra warmth but I rarely need to wear it. Mostly it just gets stuck inside my quilt for extra warmth (my ‘tocks get cold at night) and sometimes drapes over my legs when I’m working on dinner. I think I could cover my warmth needs with less weight and bulk with a square of quilt, rather than a full coat. I see EE has the Minion, but I’m curious if there are any products similar to that but with down. Thanks!

R
    Spectator

@autox

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

The other thing to look at would be a short (3/4 length or less) hammock underquilt.  You should be able to get something that’s close to square and weighs 10-11 ounces.  EE could probably do one for you to your specifications.

AK Granola
    BPL Member

@granolagirlak

I saw a link to a nice lightweight one of these, on a camino de santiago forum. I had thought of buying one, but never did and now it will be many years before this is back on the bucket list. Sorry I wish I could remember the brand; there were some nice lightweight options like 8 oz, 12 oz, that looked great for extending the warmth of a liner, or in your case, your quilt. If I remember the brand, I’ll add it. I think there are lots of other options for these, basically a lap blanket.

Edward John M
    BPL Member

@moondog55

What about a LW down skirt?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools