Topic

Looking for DIY Bivy Designs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Looking for DIY Bivy Designs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joe M
    BPL Member

@txaggie

I’m searching for simple DIY bivy designs. I really like the looks of the Borah bivy and have thought about buying one, but I have a lot of material left from some previous projects so I thought I would just try making my own. Also I’m primarily a hammock camper, so the bivy would mostly be used as a backup for times when I may be forced to go to ground.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

MYOG BIVY .

Joe M
    BPL Member

@txaggie

Thank you! I tried DIY bivy and not much came up, didn’t think to try MYOG. Much appreciated.

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Have you looked at the Ray Way net tent?  It might come in within an oz of a DIY bivy.

https://www.rayjardine.com/ray-way/Tarp-Kit/Net-Tent/index.php

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

I think you could eyeball this with a rectangle for the bottom, a shorter rectangle for the top and a sort rectangle for the mesh over your face. Sew them all together with a drawstring entrance at the top or get fancy and put a zipper in across the front or across the front and down one side.

tkkn c
    BPL Member

@tkknc

Locale: Desert Rat in the Southwest

Joe did you find any bivy patterns you liked?   Last one I made was basically sewing two pieces of flat fabric together like an envelope.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools