Topic

Looking for a 500 mile / one month trail in June

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Looking for a 500 mile / one month trail in June

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

That’s right Mark. The Red River Gorge is fantastic. If you’re a climber, GT, you could link up with some of the best sport climbing anywhere in the Red River Gorge. But June is just too hot.

Amy Lauterbach
    BPL Member

@drongobird

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Christine,

Nice to hear that you are heading to the US again. Another option not yet mentioned is the Oregon Coast Trail. It’s about 450 +/- depending on how you do the water crossings. You can easily extend down the California Coast Trail for another 120 miles. If you comfortable using a pack raft, you can eliminate a lot of road walking.

There are pluses and minuses on this route. A bit more road walking than one might want, but lots of nice small towns and easy resupply, and lots of very fine beaches. We have a lot of details at https://doingmiles.com/2008-07-oregon-coast/

Contact us directly if you want more info.

best regards,  James and Amy

German Tourist
    BPL Member

@germantourist

Locale: in my tent

Thank you all for the inspiration! Because I can leave Germany only later than planned I finally settled for the Oregon Desert Trail in May/June followed by the Superior Hiking Trail (plus a bit of packrafting in BWCA) in July.

Steve S
    BPL Member

@desertsteve

Hey, that’s great news!   I just walked in the door from doing the last section here! Section 25…   water is low this year, all reliable water sources were solid, and weather was great. Had another amazing hike in the Owyhee…

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools