Topic

Locus Gear CP3 Basket Replacemts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Locus Gear CP3 Basket Replacemts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

Hi, curious if anyone has any recommendations for a pair of basket replacements for my Locus Gear CP3 trekking poles? I have a thru hike starting this weekend that I need to find a replacement set by Friday for my trashed pair of baskets. Not sure if I can get them in time from Japan, so I’m looking state side for a pair. I tried the extra set of Black Diamonds I have but they don’t fit.

Thank you for your time.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

have you tried the Gossamer Gear ones?  If you asked LG might be able to rush them to you – I get stuff REALLY fast from them.  Or have them ship to you on trail?

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I use black diamond on mine. They are larger snow baskets though. If you’re only needed poles for bare trail then I’d go no baskets.

JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

Thank you for the replies. I contacted LG before the original post and they told me they didn’t think it would be possible to get them to me in time. After reading your post Jen, I remembered that I received my trekking poles quicker than I expected. I decided to order the baskets anyways and LG shipped them out right away last night, US time. Thank you LG for all the help! Crossing my fingers I get them in time.

I tried putting my Black Diamond baskets on again last night and I found they fit with some force. Although I prefer the looks of the LG better, I now have a working solution.

Dan, I thought of going without baskets, but the mud can be deep in spots that my trekking poles get placed.

Thank you Jen and Dan for the help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools