Topic

LL Bean Airlight

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) LL Bean Airlight

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris R
    BPL Member

@bothwell-voyageur

Anyone tried this?

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/122115?page=men-s-airlight-knit-pullover&bc=12-26-516601&feat=516601-GN1&csp=f

They now have a Canadian site and are waiving a coupon at me.

Just wondered if this could be useful top. I see they have a hoodie too.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Is it a 100wt fleece equivalent?

It looks like a cool around town piece.  I think I’d go with a basic 1/4zip 100wt fleece pullover for backpacking.  The additional features probably make this heavier and bulkier than a traditional fleece like the Patagonia Micro D 1/4 zip.  I wish LL Bean listed weights and more details though.  I think they do have some gems hidden in their collection but it’s hard to decipher them.

Chris R
    BPL Member

@bothwell-voyageur

Was hoping it would be more packable and lighter, rather like a grid fleece. Yes, wish they’d give more details.

Any recommendations on hidden gems? I do have one of their mountain classic anoraks for snowshoe trips here in the boreal forest. It breathes pretty well while still being durable for bushwhacking off-trail.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

I have two pairs of LL Bean gloves I really like, a 100wt fleece pair that are 0.9oz and a 200wt fleece pair that are 2oz.  I also have a .85oz 100wt fleece beanie that I really like from them.

LL Bean also sells Patagonia Baggies knockoffs as the “Supplex Nylon Sport Shorts” or something similar.  I do like the Baggies front pockets better, but other than that, I can’t tell the difference and they are $20 less.

AK Granola
    BPL Member

@granolagirlak

I often connect with LLBean by chat, and they will look up weights for you. It’s not a cool hiker brand, but they often have less costly very usable gear. My regular camp puffy is from them, still not losing feathers after 5+ years of continuous use, as well as my trekking poles, not the lightest but darned sturdy. I also have merino wool long johns from Bean, too heavy for backpacking but good for ski trips to cabins. I also use their poly hiking shirt as my go to for warm weather hikes.

Kevin R
    BPL Member

@kevinr

+1 for the baggies knock offs.  I have the older version with the less stretchy waistband, but they have held up well for several years.  New version is supposed to have an improved waistband and texture.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

The new waistband is nice – Its actually better than the Patagonia waistband, but I still prefer the front pockets on the Baggies.  The LL Bean’s are $20 cheaper however.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools