Topic

Litesmith nylofume pack liners in a ULA Circuit

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Litesmith nylofume pack liners in a ULA Circuit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Justin C
    BPL Member

@justincrabtree-2

By chance can anyone confirm if the Litesmith nylofume pack liners will work in a ULA Circuit. Just want to make sure that it expands enough without sacrificing pack volume. Any other recommendations out there? I’ve used a Gossamer Gear pack liner in the past and it seemed to work ok, but these Nylofume ones look to be lighter.

Mike H
    BPL Member

@dvflyer

I realize this is an older post but wanted to add that I used my Litesmith nylofume pack liner for the first time over the weekend.  It fit my Zpacks Arc Haul well, but I don’t think I’ll be using it again.  It’s really loud… like crushing a bag of fritos and corn nuts.

I had an entire campsite to myself and still cringed when I crinkled that thing around to get my gear out or back in.

Pedestrian
    BPL Member

@pedestrian

Just use a trash compactor bag (NOT a trash bag) as a pack liner – good for many trips and cheap.

I once was forced to wade through what I didn’t realize was chest deep water (with the pack on) and the contents of my pack stayed dry even through the pack itself was wet on the outside. The trash compactor bag protected my sleeping bag and the rest of the contents of my pack.

I use a  nylofume bag exclusively as a liner for my bear canister to hold the food – all the accumulated trash sits in it’s own separate bag outside the nylofume bag. Where I normally hike I almost always carry a bear canister.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools