Topic

Liteskin durability?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Liteskin durability?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dan Madden
    BPL Member

@dmadden

Has anyone had a chance to put substantial miles on any of the Liteskin packs?

Steve B
    BPL Member

@geokite

Locale: Southern California

Not a pack, but I’ve been using a liteskin wallet daily for the past year. It is a trifold with liteskin on the outside and the edge binding, and 1.7oz clear dcf forming the card pockets on the inside. The hot cut edges of the edge binding are fraying (should have rolled the edges under), and the corners (when folded) have spots that are worn down to the interior ripstop fabric. But the main fabric looks and feels new, even where it gets folded.

Hope that helps. My second liteskin pack from katabatic comes in tomorrow, so obviously I’m impressed with the fabric (and that pack design)

Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Locale: Lyon/Taipei

Useful data point: Katabatic Knik Liteskin, used for an entire PCT, still going strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUkMffU_0cc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools