Topic

Link to an impressive MYOG tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Link to an impressive MYOG tent

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bob Chiang
    BPL Member

@bobchiang

Hi all,

I hope this post is okay.
    I think some of you would be interested in this tent that someone made: https://www.reddit.com/r/myog/comments/ma09md/i_made_an_almost_4_season_1p_silnylon_double_wall/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I have no affiliation with the creator, just a lot of admiration ; )

Lea B
    Spectator

@leablue

Hi Bob (and all others),

Thanks for posting this link!

I actually am affiliated with the person that made that tent since it’s mine :)

I havent really been active in the MYOG community (outside of my personal Instagram that can be found here  https://www.instagram.com/leahikes/ )

– but I hope to change that and get some more gear projects done soon.

Currently I am prototyping a new tent, single wall DCF for those really ultralight tours. I regularly post stories and updates on my projects on Instagram and will try to share the final results here as well (if I ever get out of the prototyping phase)

Lea

Josh J
    BPL Member

@uahiker

Lea, that’s bad ass! Great job!

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

nice job!

it must be difficult to cut out those weird shaped side panels

Michael B
    BPL Member

@mikebergy

Nice looking tent. As an off topic, just checked your IG pics – all-terrain unicycle, what the!?!? Looks like you have too much fun :D

Lea B
    Spectator

@leablue

Thanks a lot!

Actually I didn’t really plan to make those side panels that weird shape but because it’s made from Silnylon with stretch I realized that somehow that’s the only way they will pitch nice and taught.

So my initial model/cut was a “normal” tunnel with straight sides the. I just kept trimming parts of to improve the fit and somehow ended up with this funny shape -but it works.

And @Josh: yes, cross-country unicycling is an extremely weird but very fun hobby – although I’m not doing it very actively anymore

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools