Topic

Lightweight Archery, anyone?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities Lightweight Archery, anyone?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Steve SNS
    Spectator

@sns

Locale: (null)

So, I can’t be the only one who does backpack archery hunting and gets just as obsessive about the hunting/archery gear as everything else.

Or maybe I can…

Regardless, here’s what I have done, and we’ll see if anyone else would like to contribute:

the Bow got a lot of attention, being the heaviest item & having accessories.  Bowtech Carbon Knight weighs 56 oz bare.  The rest of it consists of: Black gold rush sight with a lot of metal drilled out, homemade 2 piece attached quiver, revolution rest, no stabilizer and 5 arrows.

Final bow weight, ready to hunt & including arrows, is 4lb 9 oz.

Camo clothing is substituted for regular gear and is two ounces heavier than my regular backpacking clothing.

The rest of it is:

Release: 1oz (Scott Rhino with a simple webbing strap)

Binoculars:  28oz  10×50 Vortex Razor HDs  (I usually bring even when not hunting)

Folding saw, very small: 1oz

Game Bags, homemade of mesh: 4oz

Camo facemask: 1oz

Rangefinder: 5.5oz (bushnell)

….and this year I have to figure out the lightweight elk calls.  If anyone has already investigated this, I am all ears.

Those calls aside, backpack my archery gear adds ~6-7 lbs depending on whether the binoculars are considered extra or not….

Curious what others do.

Cheers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools