Topic

Lightweight Anfibio Nano SL Packraft

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightweight Anfibio Nano SL Packraft

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Doug G
    BPL Member

@dekartes

Well…   This packraft intrigued me enough that I decided to give it a try.  Got it today.  Seems like it will do the trick for a low weight, Alpine lake boat.  I was considering an extended Alpacka Scout (which I may still get).  But Alpacka wont do custom work (understandably) until off season. Also, this is speculation based on current weights and dimensions, but I believe the current Scout fabric is significantly heavier than the double coated fabric of last year.  I dont think the weight savings would be that great over my Curiyak.  Anyway,  this Anfibio is a mass produced, ready to ship, boat.  It’s made in the Supai style (welded seams only), but with what seems like a better shape, seat, and more robust floor and hull material.  210d versus 75d.  Same 75d material on top.  I am 5’11 with a 32 inch inseam and I can straighten my legs all the way out.  Also has what looks like good quality tie down plates.  The boat seems well made with tight seams.   I’ll give another report after I use it.  Its 2lb, 5.6 ounces with the boat, seat, inflation bag and strap.  It is no where near as robust as my Curiyak, but i am going to use it in very specific circumstances where pack weight matters to me.

Doug G
    BPL Member

@dekartes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools