Topic

Lightest Chinese Checker Game?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightest Chinese Checker Game?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

Anyone have one to recommend?  Trips with my son have a lot of down time and I’ve been losing too much in therm-a-rest fabric pad sleeve checkers and chess.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Sharpie and a ruler?

amazon has lots of little poker chips the size of nickels or dimes that are quite light weight.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Would be a bit of work, but you could get some mini ping pong balls, glue a small bit of velcro to each, and then get a sheet of fabric that velcro will stick to and draw the board onto the fabric. Should end up pretty light.

If you carry a smartphone already, you could also just download a chinese checkers game for the phone.

Jim C
    BPL Member

@jimothy

Locale: Georgia, USA

A little off-topic, but my son taught me a new game while we were hiding out from the cold rain during a simple overnight camping trip recently. It’s not Chinese Checkers, and the name of the game is nothing more than an unfortunate coincidence. The game was new to me, though maybe it’s old hat to others. It won’t keep you occupied for hours, unless that rain just won’t stop and you’ve really, really got nothing else to do. But, it is definitely ultralight. In fact, it weighs precisely nothing.

Without further ado, I present to you…Chopsticks!

Jim C
    BPL Member

@jimothy

Locale: Georgia, USA

Reddit has a post today on a DYI backpacking checkers and chess game. I’ll bet you could adapt this idea to Chinese checkers, as well.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Wow. That’s a really nice setup. I might make a Pente set like that. Maybe some small punches could make the round pieces quickly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools