Topic

Lighterpack.com Functionality Questions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Lighterpack.com Functionality Questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Locale: Louisiana, USA

I decided to create a new thread with a different title to perhaps get some feedback regarding Lighterpack.com…

A few weeks ago I tried without success to import my geargrams.com CVS file into lighterpack.com.  I emailed Galen at lighterpack.com but did not get a response back from him.

So this weekend I started manually typing a bunch of my gear items into lighterpack.com’s Master List.  I then created another list for a specific trip I am planning and could not figure out a way to copy or drag specific items from my master list into the trip list like I can in geargrams.com.  I emailed Galen once again and thus far have not received a response once again.

Does anyone with experience with lighterpack.com have any suggestions?

Erik G
    BPL Member

@fox212

Locale: Central Coast

Importing .csv files to LighterPack has always worked for me. Not sure if you’re trying to import a file directly exported from GearGrams, but have you tried opening the GearGrams .csv in Excel and re-saving it (as a .csv again of course) before uploading to LighterPack? All my .csv files have come directly from Excel.

LighterPack does not have the drag-and-drop functionality that GearGrams has. It’s actually even worse, IMO, in that when you copy a gear list, it remains linked to the original! The workaround I use is to keep a “master list” on LighterPack, then download that as a .csv and re-import it into LighterPack with a new name. Then I modify the new list for a given trip. It’s a little cumbersome, but honestly not that bad. I just like the layout/interface of LighterPack better. And I’m too lazy to even entertain the thought of switching. :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools