Topic

Light 2 Person Tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Light 2 Person Tent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I am looking at possibly getting a new tent for the wife and I and wanted to get your thoughts.  Most of my trips are solo (I use a Cuben Duomid) so it wont  get used a lot, so I don’t think I want to spend $600 on a Duplex.   I am leaning toward the TT Statospire 2 but there some others in the mix

Tarptent Statospire 2

SMD Haven + Net Tent

SMD Lunar Duo

GG The Two

This will be used in the Southern Appalachians and an occasional trip out west.  How do the above compare in ease of set up and storm worthiness (no snow)?   I’m sure nobody has experience with all of them, but I am sure we have people here that have used more than one of these.  Are there any others I should consider?

What are your opinions?

William Chilton
    BPL Member

@williamc3

Locale: Antakya

I would suggest adding the Yama Mountain Gear Swiftline into the mix.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Highly biased opinion, but I think that  the SS2 has a better wind shedding shape :

as for setting it up , I find it VERY easy to do , for some it’s almost impossible.

(I should fly in for a live demo….)

francoi@tarptent

Finnegan McBrisket
    Spectator

@joephish-2

Locale: SF Bay Area

I really like my Stratospire 2. I was debating between the same tents. I chose the Tarptent after reading some of Henry’s comments about how he designed this tent. After sitting through some windy and wet Sierra thunderstorms this year, I think I made the right choice.

Setting it up is very intuitive. The directions are well written.

Andrew Srna
    BPL Member

@andy-s

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools