Topic

Leeds/Manchester UK Hiking Partners?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Leeds/Manchester UK Hiking Partners?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nick VanBurkleo
    BPL Member

@envybee

Locale: Midwest

I’m moving to the UK from the US in October and was curious if there was a decent showing of BPL members in the Leeds and Manchester areas that could help me plug in with the local backpacking/rock-climbing/kayaking/etc. community?  My wife and I will be living in Holmfirth.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Have look on http://www.outdoorsmagic.com and trek-lite.co.uk which are UK websites similar to Bpl.

Mole J
    BPL Member

@mole

Locale: UK

Trek-lite.com not. co.uk

http://www.trek-lite.com/index.php

Quite a few members in that region.

(Hi Stephen!)

Nick VanBurkleo
    BPL Member

@envybee

Thanks!

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

When I lived in Belgium I used to travel to Outdoorsmagic meets every 3-4 months, they are really good.  The folks also organise Winter skills training in Scotland with an instructor who is a member.

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

Lovely part of the world. I flew in to Manchester from Colorado on Saturday and my train ride across the Pennines to York to visit my folks was a delight. You have the Peak District, Dales, North Yorkshire Moors, and Lakes all on your doorstep.

Nick VanBurkleo
    BPL Member

@envybee

It is a magical place to live.  The peaks district is less than a mile from my doorsteps.  I was going to post a couple pics in this thread, but evidently I need to make the images smaller and…well…I’d rather go back outside :)

Thanks again for the advice, I’ll give them a shot!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools