Topic

3lb backpack, 70-80 liters, 50b capacity, easily available?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 3lb backpack, 70-80 liters, 50b capacity, easily available?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul S
    BPL Member

@pula58

Looking for a backpack that weighs about 3Lbs., 70-80 liter capacity, can carry up to 50 lbs without the hipbelt sliding down, and easily available (no long waiting periods). No frameless suggestions please.

Suggestions?

S Long
    BPL Member

@izeloz

Locale: Wasatch

Superior Wilderness Designs Big Wild 70 or Wendigo 70. Seek Outside Unaweep or Divide. Dan McHale custom pack.

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

For a non-cottage gear pack check out the Sierra Designs Flex Capacitor 60-75 L pack, which is designed by Andrew Skurka.  Weighing only 2 lbs 10 oz I found it easily carried 45 lbs, some have reported up to 50 lbs, though I don’t think I’d go quite that high.  It comes with the best hipbelt pockets I’ve ever encountered and has shoulder strap pockets that will accommodate water bottles or bear spray.  This is one of the most comfortable carrying packs I’ve come across!

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

My ~2014 Seek Outside Unaweep 4800 is under 3lb with some trimming and will carry more weight than my legs could stand.  At the time I tried all the “lightweight” load haulers – HMG Porter, Exped Lightning, etc and it was by far the most comfortable at 40+ pounds.

Scott H
    BPL Member

@cbk57

Once you find one you want, if there is a wait period, post a wanted add on this forum on the gear swap.  I have sold two items this year to people that wanted something now who did not want to wait.  i sold a seek outside flight series pack and a rei tent, not because i was planning on selling but someone wanted those items and I had them, did not need them and was open to replacing them.  The  tent went because I was getting new one person tents and the pack went because i wanted the newer version of the same pack.

Murali C
    BPL Member

@mchinnak

I second the Flex Capacitor. Easily available and you may get some discount during the July 4th. And it is a load hauler. Don’t be put off by the lack of front pocket as the zip entry is the fastest way to access stuff with the top zip for small items like trowel etc. Horizontal compression is awesome! The only issue may be the fit..but if it fits you, it is a great pack for carrying weights!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools