Topic

Layer quilt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Layer quilt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Whitesell
    BPL Member

@embracestardumb

Locale: California

who has successfully layered an enigma quilt over a mummy sleeping bag? I’m thinking of upgrading from my FF 30 sleeping bag to a lighter EE enigma 20 quilt but may hold onto my FF and layer the two for winter use. Would I be better off getting a revelation?

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

I sleep warm, by which I mean that EN ratings are accurate for me. I have layered an EE Revelation 40F over my Montbell 15F down to 0F and was toasty warm in just my midweight thermals. When I purchased the quilt I sized it up in both width and length by one step each to be able to layer over the bag. I was afraid a sewn footbox would compress the bag, but I don’t really know if that is true or not.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Enigma over another bag will likely compress the footbox, Revelation can be unzipped in the foot to prevent this.  However sometimes you can layer the enigma inside the bag depending on the fit.

-Tim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools