Topic

Kurt Achtenhagen Unsupported JMT FKT attempt (NOBO)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Speed Hiking and Fastpacking Kurt Achtenhagen Unsupported JMT FKT attempt (NOBO)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ralph Burgess
    BPL Member

@ralphbge

Kurt started his unsupported NOBO attempt from Whitney Portal yesterday morning (9/3) around 2:00 am.    He summited Whitney in 4 hours.

He reached the Woods Creek junction in good time at 7:30pm, and it looks like he slept there a little over 5 hours, leaving at 1:00am.

His last ping was an hour ago at the S Fork of the King’s, so he should be on his way up Mather.

Allen C
    BPL Member

@acurrano

Unfortunately Kurt’s Spot shows that he exited at Taboose Pass this morning and headed back to Whitney Portal. I have not heard from him yet, so I don’t know what happened but he has tried before and had stomach issues so that would be my guess.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools