Topic

Knee pain thing….

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Tom K
    BPL Member

@tom-kirchneraol-com-2

” I’m a pathologist and not a sports medicine doc..lol.”

Hi John – I figured any doc would know a helluva lot more about the human body than any of us armchair diagnosticians, so I thought I’d see if I could tease you back into the discussion.  ;0)

Tom K
    BPL Member

@tom-kirchneraol-com-2

“or how will you be able to do any hiking this summer with Tom K???”

Doug could hike me into the ground even if he had a wooden leg.  He’ll be there.

Christopher *
    Spectator

@cfrey-0

Locale: US East Coast

If this is a patella thing and you have been upping your cycling regimen, try raising the seat. It cured my pain. Apparently my knees were bent too much as I was pedaling even though my seat height felt correct at the time.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I really think that the issue is having run the half marathon without really training much for it, and I just strained it/overworked it.

Christopher *
    Spectator

@cfrey-0

Locale: US East Coast

Oh. Then I would like to change my answer to “Stop doing dumb things”, if that is okay.

MJ H
    BPL Member

@mjh

I really think that the issue is having run the half marathon without really training much for it, and I just strained it/overworked it.

A half-assed half marathon is what did my Achilles tendon in. I figured because it was my second one, I didn’t need to worry about training as much because I was only thinking of my cardiovascular fitness and not worried about anything else.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

“Stop doing dumb things”

You’re a bit late, I really could have used that advice 40 years ago…

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools