Topic

Klymit Inertia X frame under a quilt?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Klymit Inertia X frame under a quilt?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ken P
    Spectator

@tyro

if I understand the idea of these it is designed to allow a bit of the  sleeping bag insulation underneath  one to function. But is it good under a quilt?

Best

Ken P
    Spectator

@tyro

One more try before I let this thread die. I did search and read earlier threads. Most of which are from 2012 or earlier. Anybody tried this recently?

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Ken

I think it all depends on whether the Klymit so called body mapping design matches your body. I bought one when I was in the phase of trying the lightest items available.  I was using it under a down bag and under my quilt.  I think if you were a back sleeper under 6 feet tall, it might work.  I am a 6 ft 2 inches tall side sleeper who switches positions five or six times a night.  I used it for one 3 night trip. I had to augment the Kymit with a Zrest seat under my hips and Gossamer Gear full length 1/8 inch Thinlit and was sort of OK.  Now I use a Thermarest NeoAir. If you want to cover the cost of the box and shipping, I could send you my Klymit.

Ken P
    Spectator

@tyro

Bruce

thanks that is good info. Even though I’m also 6’2” lad like to try it. I’ll gladly cover shipping costs for the shipping. How about shipping in the priority Tyvek envelope. I’ll PM my address. The last thing I want to get into padding a pad. Should be interesting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools