Topic

Keith Titanium Frypan, Kovea Spider and Bobcat Universal Windscreen

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Keith Titanium Frypan, Kovea Spider and Bobcat Universal Windscreen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Emmanuel Romo
    BPL Member

@emman714

Locale: Southern California

Here’s a video I made showing a fry pan cook set I put together. Let me know if you have any questions.

Emmanuel Romo
    BPL Member

@emman714

YouTube video

Jeff McWilliams
    BPL Member

@jjmcwill

Locale: Midwest

Cool set up.  I use the Banks Frybake Alpine pan and lid when I’m looking to do similar “gourmet” meals on or near the trail.  At 12.0oz for the pan & lid, it sounds like the Banks Alpine setup is around the same weight as your Keith Titanium skillet and Fat Daddio aluminum plate/lid.

I’m using my setup in conjunction with one of Roger Caffin’s early model remote canister stoves.  The Kovea Spider looks like a fine retail alternative.

Emmanuel Romo
    BPL Member

@emman714

I have seen the Banks Frybake set- it’s definitely more non-stick and efficient than titanium. I actually ended up creating a Ti foil lid for the Keith Frypan. The only disadvantage is I cannot stack coals on it because it isn’t as rigid.

The Kovea has been reliable, packable and efficient.

Thanks for watching and all your feedback!

Rob P
    BPL Member

@rpjr

Emmanuel, nice setup for tasty food!  What have your experiences been like using propane with the propane adapter?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools