Topic

[Resolved] Keep getting emails about threads I’m not subscribed to!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website Bug Reports [Resolved] Keep getting emails about threads I’m not subscribed to!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mole J
    BPL Member

@mole

Locale: UK

BPL has recently started sending me emails about replies to threads that I’m not subscribed to (I never subscribe to any threads).  When I check the threads to see if I’ve inadvertently checked the subscribe button by mistake, it shows me as not subscribed!

🤷

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Hmm. That’s not happening to me. Two thoughts:

1. Is it happening to anyone else?
    2. How many threads using it happening in? Just a couple or tons?
    3. Maybe send me a couple links to threads via PM. Even better, copy/paste the link from the email and PM that to me.
    JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I have not experienced anomalies in thread subscription.  While I rarely subscribe to threads, when I do the notifications start and stop per my settings.

Mole J
    BPL Member

@mole

Well it’s happening to me.

Three times in the last week or so. Not happened before.

Only one was a thread I’ve even read, so on the other 2 I can’t have inadvertently ticked the notify box as I’ve not even been aware of each thread before I got the email!

I’ll pm you links, but from what I can see they are just the address of the thread in question each time, nothing strange.

Edit. PM sent.

Mole J
    BPL Member

@mole

Another unsolicited email today. A notification about the Trans Bhutan trail post. Weird.

I DMed Matthew K moderator, as requested some days ago. but no response.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Hey Mole. I do not have any PMs from you. I got a message from another user sharing that they had the same issue. I responded to that user.

I will send you a PM in 3, 2, 1…

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Is it possible you have accidentally clicked Subscribe in these threads? Look at the top of one of the threads in question and does it say Subscribe or Unsubscribe at the top?

Mole J
    BPL Member

@mole

Matthew. It is not possible.

These are notifications about threads I’ve never looked at, and I’m getting the emails about threads that often didn’t even exist when I last visited BPL.

Since our last email conversation I’ve had 2 more.  Checking the times the notification emails are sent against the Forum post time, it’s  sometimes within 1 minute of posting! So probably sent before anyone other than the OP has even viewed the thread.

It’s definitely a bug.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

The bug has been logged in our bug tracking system.

Mole J
    BPL Member

@mole

2 more today.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I’m going to close this thread. The issue is logged and hopefully will get fixed soon than later. Please PM me any new information.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Issue resolved. It turns out that a member can be subscribed to a forum (like General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion) and get notifications to anything that happens in that forum.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] Keep getting emails about threads I’m not subscribed to!’ is closed to new replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools