Topic

Kearsarge Pass re-supply

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Kearsarge Pass re-supply

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pablo 2000
    BPL Member

@pablo2000

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but here goes… I’m doing a 155 mile loop through the Sierras from Roads End this August. The loop will put me traveling nobo through Rae/Charlotte lakes which is roughly about the half way point and will need a re-supply. I’m looking to coordinate a re-supply (5 gallon bucket) around August 7-9th. I haven’t even explored a pack mule option as I’m assuming its outrageously priced. However I would consider adding to an existing re-supply of any type.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/offers.

ben .
    BPL Member

@frozenintime

check these folks out, if you’re willing to take a zero in the valley:

http://mtwilliamsonmotel.com/resupply/

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

@Pablo2000 — “Chartering” your own mule resupply is super-expensive IMHO.  Other than resupplying in Independence/Lone Pine (and the Mt Williamson Motel is a great choice, especially since you’d be there when their peaches are ripe: BEST. PEACHES. EVER.), I’d suggest that you join the Main JMT Hiker page on Facebook and see if you can arrange to SHARE someone else’s pack mule resupply.  Depending on how many folks share the pack train, it can be an affordable option.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

The Yahoo JMT group had a shared spreadsheet of people looking to share resupplies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools