Topic

Katabatic Gear's New Packs: Knik (14 oz.) & Onni (25 oz.)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Katabatic Gear's New Packs: Knik (14 oz.) & Onni (25 oz.)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

<div>
    <div>
    <div></div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div>
    <div>
    <div>”We took the Knik (14 oz.) and Onni (25 oz.) on their final test trip last weekend. You’ll be able to get full specs and order through the website in a couple of weeks, but we are too excited to wait!  We thought we’d share a few details, and a few photos.</div>
    </div>
    <div></div>
    </div>
    <div>
    <div>

• Ultralight framesheet or frameless.
    • Hipbelt or no hipbelt.
    • Ultralight and super durable fabric options.
    • You will even have colors to choose from!”

</div>
    </div>

<div></div>
    <div></div>

Andy H
    Spectator

@drewjamicks

Locale: Southwest

Hmm, in addition to their line of packs or are these replacing their current models? Love me some Helios 55, great pack.

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

My understanding is that they’re adding these to their current lineup. The Eos, Helios, and Artemis are here to stay.

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

I asked what the sizes were as they recently retired the 40L Helios.  From Instagram, “…The frameless Knik will be about 40L. The Onni will be available in ~ 45L and 58L.”

Jonathon Self
    BPL Member

@neist

Locale: Oklahoma

As a recent convert of Katabatic Gear packs, this news pleases me. Would especially be interested in seeing further details of the Knik.

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

As a big fan of the quilts, I too am eager for more information on these.

J-L
    BPL Member

@johnnyh88

Both packs look/sound really interesting. I’ve greatly enjoyed my Artemis pack over the past two years, and would be happy if the Onni carries about as well but is lighter. Also curious about what fabrics they use.

Chris Chandler
    BPL Member

@chandler325i-2

Locale: lost angeles
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Q. Pray tell, how will a wimpy frame sheet will transfer weight to your hips?

A. It won’t.

I have a Camelbak Commander 2,500 cu.in. hunting/backcountry skiing pack that came with only a bendy plastic frame sheet and cloth belt. I cut off the belt then bolted on a 1″ contoured aluminum bar frame onto the frame sheet. Next I added an REI Ridgeline padded waist belt behind the original lumbar pad. Now I have a pack that can truly transfer the load to my hips and legs. i.e a much more comfortable pack.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

@danepacker (Eric), the Onni does have a contoured aluminum stay.

Robert Alexander
    BPL Member

@robmalexander

Locale: Atlanta

I searched recent threads and this is all I found. Any recent performance reports to share?

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/new-packs-on-katabatic-gear-website/ Has a little more information.

I didn’t care for the Knik. Pockets were too floppy and the waistbelt is set weirdly high on the pack.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools