Topic

Just Some Random Philtraining Photos

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Philmont Just Some Random Philtraining Photos

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

My Aeon (odd number of adults), my son’s Duomid with a buddy inside and the troop’s Half Dome, living in harmony outside of Harpers Ferry.  Shared the field with a Cub Scout pack. Not pictured, other REI Half Dome.

We hiked the AT along the VA/WV border and camped at the Blue Ridge Center for Environmental Stewardship.

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

My Aeon and my son’s Duomid are the only personal tents going.  Nobody else has a proper tent for Philmont and rather than use the troop’s Philtraining Half Domes, we decided to use the Philtents.

The Half Domes weigh about the same as a Philtent and about the same size. Rather than fly with them and possibly have we tents at the end of our trek, we’ll just use Philtents.

I told the crew if they had a personal tent better than a Philtent, they were welcome to get one and bring it.

I’m rocking a Zpacks Arc Haul and the boy has a new REI Flash 55 pack.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools