Topic

July Grayson Highlands temps and sleep system sanity check?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists July Grayson Highlands temps and sleep system sanity check?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Eugene Hollingsworth
    BPL Member

@geneh_bpl

Locale: Mid-Minnesota

I’m looking to fix my sleep system for warmer weather than I’m used to. Can you give me the temp/humidity worst case I might expect at night in the Grayson Highlands or a couple hours north by Roanoke?

As a reference, sitting all day, about 60 deg at home working, I have thin long tights under my jeans and a light down jacket over a long sleeve shirt, so that’s my no-activity requirement to not be chilled.

I’m thinking of just carrying a fleece blanket and my airpad as the only dedicated part of my sleep system. I’ll be in a tent so fairly well protected.

Trying to have multi-purpose gear if possible. If I can get a 1 lb blanket or quilt, my 10 oz down jacket and tights I would save about 12 oz over carrying my 15 deg bag. Jacket and tights for around camp in the evening if it gets cold, but I don’t know what to expect in Grayson.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools