Topic

July Black Hills Trip

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports July Black Hills Trip

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Usually my wife and I take off and head out West for 30-45 days sometime in July. We do some visiting (son in Colorado Springs), fishing and usually fit in a backpacking trip. Due to Covid we decided to spend one week in the Black Hills. This year our 6 year old granddaughter Alison and daughter Stephanie joined us. Her boyfriends’ daughter Adrianna also came along. We stayed at Grace-Coolidge Campground in Custer State Park for 6 nights. I will save on typing and just use our Flickr page to tell the story.

Crossing the Road

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

The Flickr interface worked really well – looks like a nice trip.  I really enjoyed how comfortable Alison is with fish that she caught.  I have twin girls and took them fishing the first time when they were about the same age.  They were catching bluegills as quickly as I could bait the hooks, but they had absolutely no interest in touching them:  “Just get it off the hook Daddy so I can catch another!”

Jeff Y
    Spectator

@ogilybogil

Custer State Park, and the small town of Custer are wonderful little places. Great fishing up there in those little ponds, and I love how they tractor the dirt to make a “sandy” beach of some sort. Great pics!

Jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools