Topic

Join me for an author’s night!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Join me for an author’s night!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

October 19 at 7 p.m. PDT. Hope you will join me for this! Here’s the link:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/virtual-author-hour-with-paul-wagner-tickets-175969739227?aff=bookmineinstagrambio

I promise we’ll talk about the Sierra!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I’m not seeing a link in your post.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

That happened to me with the couple selling the carbon fiber stakes a month or so ago – I wasn’t seeing photos or links and then a little later, voila, they were there.

Here’s the link to Paul’s talk

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Thanks Kevin.  I can see the link—but I posted it!

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

There’s something wacky that happens – I’ve been able to see your link since you posted it but I’m sure Doug isn’t seeing it (he’s not that old yet).

@RubMyBelly – Can you let us know if the link magically appears in Paul’s original post?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Weird, I can’t see the link in either the original post or Kevin’s post, so it must be some setting in my browser or something.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Interestingly enough (to me anyway), I also can’t see the link on backpacking.net, so it’s definitely some setting I have. Does it happen to be a facebook or twitter link? (I’ve got my browser set to refuse any contact with facebook and twitter).

Happy to keep giving you bumps though. :-)

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

It’s on Eventbrite which, while they work with FB, does not seem to be owned by them.

@Paul
    – We’ll need a reminder in mid-October please…

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Yep–I will do that!

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Here is your reminder!  Just in case you need a link refresher: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/virtual-author-hour-with-paul-wagner-tickets-175969739227?aff=paulwagnerauthorshare

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Thanks for the reminder – I just registered.  If your books do as well as I hope they do, I’d love to see an audiobook format of them available as well.

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Me too, Kevin.  I have two wine programs like that—one on The Great Courses, and one on Audible.  But so far, the novel is only in print.

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

This Zoom meeting is tonight. Hope you can stop in and say hello!

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Note to self (since I believe that the world revolves around the EST time zone):  Paul’s talk is at 10:00 pm EST.

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Funny you should ask. Just got this from Napa Bookmine, who hosted the event:
    Here is the link to your event on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pkyuokt8c4

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Okay Paul – I’m thoroughly impressed!  Life happened here and I missed the live author’s event, but I watched the video posted on YouTube.  I enjoyed your discussion of the book so much that I went and listened to your “History of Wine in 10 Glasses” in the Great Courses series.  It was one of the best things I’ve ever heard on Audible.  Listening to that made me realize that you’d probably be a great audio reader of your new book series!  I can’t imagine the amount of work that goes into recording a book, but you have a very pleasant voice with clear tone and inflection – you’re a natural.  So much so that I bought “The Instant Sommelier”!

Thanks again for letting us get to know you a little better – even if it’s virtually and from a distance.  Trained classical guitarist, wife’s a chef, published wine expert…AND YOU BACKPACK!  What’s not to like!

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Wow!  thanks, Kevin.  I’m delighted that you are enjoying my projects.  I have to give a lot of credit to my students at Napa Valley College.  Every night I teach, they let me know what works and what doesn’t.

I’m not sure we’ll get the books into an audio format, but we are talking about a print date for the second book in the series…fingers crossed.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools