Topic

Jetboil Skirt Cover

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Jetboil Skirt Cover

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mark B
    BPL Member

@mbaginski20gmail-com

I broke the skirt cover / cup on my Jetboil Sol Ti cup. I’m wondering what to replace it with ? I have a Toaks 550 ml thin wall cup but it does not fit completely over the bottom of the pot. I stops where the flange meets the bottom of the pot. It works but it lengthens the cook set. Any suggestions?

DGoggins
    BPL Member

@hjuan99

Locale: Mountain West

I don’t bring the cup at all. Never found a good use for it. When packing, I just slip the neoprene sleeve over the bottom ->

I’m not really worried about the metal fins getting messed up…I’m more worried about the metal rubbing against items in the pack and causing wear to other items.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

I use an Evernew 400 cup, and it fits like your Toaks does. The EN 400 weighs just 0.8 oz more than the stupid stock cup, but it gives me the option to actually cook something on the BRS-3000T stove (which I use with a pot riser disk on my Ti JB Sol). The great thing is that Josh Leavitt’s carbon fiber lid fits both the JB and the EN 400. If I want to pre-soak something in the EN 400, lids for a can of nuts, Ensure powder, or a small Crisco snaps on securely to thwart any pesky mini-bears.  I made a cuben stuff sack to keep everything in. The whole shebang, including a 4 oz fuel canister, weighs 15.9 oz. A bit heavy, but not bad, and it gives me scads of options in the camp kitchen.

michael adamski
    BPL Member

@mikeadamski

I use an instant soup cup.  Plus, the soup cup’s top is a good replacement for the original Jetboil top.

DGoggins
    BPL Member

@hjuan99

Could I see a picture of that Michael?

michael adamski
    BPL Member

@mikeadamski

Here ya go.

DGoggins
    BPL Member

@hjuan99

Interesting…could you tell me the weight of the cup and lid (separately?).  Does the lid seem like it can handle the boilign water heat/repeated use? And…does it make a tight enough fit to keep everythign in the cup when packing up?

michael adamski
    BPL Member

@mikeadamski

The cup is 1.0 ounce and the lid is 0.3 ounces.  The lid stays on better/tighter than the Jetboil lid. The lip on the original lid can catch on things in the pack that pulls it off.

Since the fit is so snug, I place the lid upside down on the pot when heating. Works the same, plus there’s more to grab.

It holds up well to boiling. I have had them split on the side after a lot of use, but this shouldn’t ruin your trip.  The lid still stays on well. Plus, a new lid and cup is only $2, and you get some soup!

The Campbell’s cups that are white and double walled work really well, too.

DGoggins
    BPL Member

@hjuan99

Ok, so the cup itself is about the same weight as the jetboil cup, though bigger. And the top at .3…is the same weight as a ruta locura top, but has the advantage of actually closing snugly. I’ll go get one. (I still won’t use the cup though). I’ll probably poke a small hole for venting (it helps to know when its boiling).

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

I often leave my stove in my food bag. Nothing to worry about in there to catch on the fins.

DGoggins
    BPL Member

@hjuan99

Yes! I love it…..its like the lids were made to work with the jetboil. There is a nice satisfying lip that is in the lid that secures it to the jetboil They are .3oz lids, that work better than the original jetboil lid…plus….free soup!

Found them at my local target….there are actually 4 color lids you could choose from. Not pictured below…is a red lid that has the same 8 holes as the clear lid.

The green healthy choice has 4 holes in the lid…the black has none, and the chunky soup clear lid has 8. Its clear too….so that is going to be my choice. I can see easily into the cup to check for boiling, and I don’t have to make my own holes. (as I said before, there is a red lid with 8 holes but its not clear).

And….the lids when on the pot have a higher top clearance than the stock lid….so, its no problem to fit 2 canisters into the jetboil as long as you take 1 orange cap off ->

(just store your brs3000t in the bottom near the fins or in your diddy bag or something).

Now, as long as the plastic doesn’t leach weird chemicals into the water, this is the perfect jetboil lid!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools