Topic

ISO: Windproof rainproof lobster overmitts for bikepacking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals ISO: Windproof rainproof lobster overmitts for bikepacking

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Deb R
    BPL Member

@dtravrose1

Having a heckuva time replacing Novara Cycling Lobster overmitts which are windproof/waterproof and presently duct-taped, overused, and only windproof at this point.  Have an old pair of Headsweats overmitts in the same condition.

What I’m really looking for:  dyneema fabric or incredibly lite and extremely packable lobster overmitts for bikepacking. Think Laurel Designs or Zpaks overmitts, but lobster shaped so I can cycle. Needs to be lobster mitt, with elastic, drawstring, or velcro closure at wrist; short gauntlet preferred but not necessary (things I think about while cycling…)

I’ve looked everywhere: REI, MEC, Hyperlite, Zpaks, etc.  I’ve found many discontinued items, nothing on ebay. Would be willing to pay someone to make these to my specific needs. I can’t be the only person who needs these….

Thank you!

Deb

Jon C
    BPL Member

@jonc

Deb,

I would recommend you to reach out to taigaworks.com. in Vancouver. I don’t believe they offer that type of overmitt right now but it maybe one that they might be interested in for future.

Just a thought.

Jon

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Unfortunately OR no longer makes their great Vulcan mitt, but you might contact BORAH GEAR  they make custom ultralight gear in Montana, if you have the mitts you like you could send them for reference. Owner JOHN WEST is a member here you could pm him and discuss it with him.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Those aerostich ones look good and wouldn’t need to have custom, made nice find.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Deb R
    BPL Member

@dtravrose1

Thank you, Jon.  I sent TaigaWorks a message, similar to the one I have here, and then geeked out on their website.  Cool stuff!  Thank you for suggesting them, even if they don’t have what I’m looking for.  Always looking for another source for bikepack/backpack gear.   Deb

Deb R
    BPL Member

@dtravrose1

Hi, Link!  Thank you for the suggestion to contact Borah Gear, which I did, via their email address.  I had not heard of Borah Gear, so checked out their site…cuben fiber ground sheet!  You guys are killing me… sending me to all these great sites… gotta stay focused lol… onward into the fog!

Deb

Deb R
    BPL Member

@dtravrose1

John S—oooooo. These look good!  I am going to take a closer look, but this is definitely on the right track.  Thank you!

Deb

Deb R
    BPL Member

@dtravrose1

Hi, Link!  A great find!! Thank you. These look awesome.

Many thanks to everyone who suggested these different websites! All of the websites are new to me, so thank you so much for your suggestions; i would never have found them without everyone’s help. I now have two options to look at for lobster overmitts, FLY Racing Street and AeroStich. Takes a village.

Thank you!

Deb

SIMULACRA
    BPL Member

@simulacra

Locale: Puget Sound

Your not the only one Deb, good luck on your search. Helpful links here. Was looking for a pair myself a couple months back, gave up and opted for the REI Minimalist shell with the idea of DIY’ing into a lobster mitt. Have yet to do that

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools