Topic

Is there a way to DYE Dyneema fabric?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Is there a way to DYE Dyneema fabric?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Next spring I’m “coming into some money” (mortgage is paid off ;o).

So I’m lusting after a Notch Lithium.

I’d like to dye “My Precious” a nice shade of leprechaun green, forest green or avocado green. You get it- GREEN. Is this possible with Dyneema fabric? This is both for more shade and stealth camping. (No lectures, I’ve successfully stealth camped on the AT.)

Eric Blanche
    BPL Member

@eblanche

Locale: Northeast US

http://www.ripstopbytheroll.com has figured out a way to offer cuben/dyneema in pretty much any color. Not sure how their omni color outdoorink technology actually works but might be worth checking out.

D M
    BPL Member

@farwalker

Locale: What, ME worry?

I believe we talked about dying non-natural fibers a bit ago here…my recommendation was to experiment with the new Rit Dye More product. You can dye anything, including Leggos (c) and plastic buttons with this stuff and it’s worked great for me with nylons and polys. If you do use this product double up on the strength and use a plastic tote and you don’t have to use boiling hot water, just leave it in overnight and stir often.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Isn’t the Notch Li already green? I’d call this close enough to a pale avocado green :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools