Topic

Interesting study about cold feet in a sleeping bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Interesting study about cold feet in a sleeping bag

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

[quote]I have discovered the cure for being cold. It’s called menopause. It can be 20 degrees, my water bottles are freezing out in the vestibule, I’m shivering and my feet are frozen and then suddenly…! Emergency! Throw my sleeping bag off and relish the delight of the cool air against my skin. Then suddenly…! Emergency! Throw the sleeping bag back on before I freeze to death. Good times.[\quote]

As a fellow menopauser, this is gold. I actually thought of this as being the upside of all the hot flashes, too! “Well, at least I won’t be cold camping anymore. Just wait for a good hot flash and jump in the bag to pre-warm it. No more hot water bottles needed!” Hahaha. But yes, I’m just as likely to have a cold spell as a hot flash. I do this all the time at home.

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools