Topic

Inreach SE

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Inreach SE

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Cableas has the Inreach SE on sale for $230 with a $5 shipping code (17flat).  My PLB battery is soon to expire and I decided I’m going to give it a try.  Figured I’d pass it along.  This isn’t for the new version.

edward b
    BPL Member

@sreeb

It sounded good so I ordered one.  It came with an open box and already registered to someone else.  Not too happy with Cabelas about that.

edward b
    BPL Member

@sreeb

It also didn’t work.  I suspected that Cableas took a unit that was returned as non-working and resold it to me.

Garmin tech support on the inreach was great though.  1 menu and 1 minute to get a real person on the line and they sent a replacement without waiting to receive my return.

Jorge Villalobos
    BPL Member

@minusfive

Wow! That’s great to hear about Garmin’s CS. I also picked up one on discount for ~200 (combo of main discount + coupon + Active Junky cash back) from a different retailer in January, working great so far.

edward b
    BPL Member

@sreeb

That is for the inreach where they expect to receive hundreds in subscription costs and have a dedicated support line.

I was less happy when they wouldn’t sell parts for an etrex….

Jorge Villalobos
    BPL Member

@minusfive

@sreeb oh, dang.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

There has been more than one report of Cabelas sending “refurbished” units to people and they didn’t work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools